Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law
firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver,
Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto,
Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee
perks, an emphasis on wellness plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a Collections Supervisor to join our
Accounting team in Markham. In
this role you will be responsible for contacting clients and lawyers in an
assigned group ("Portfolio") to collect outstanding Accounts
Receivables and monitor aged Work-In-Progress.
You will also be responsible for identifying problems and developing
solutions with respect to delinquent accounts as well as being responsible for
implementing and monitoring the firm’s billing and collection policies.
Reporting to the Collections Manager, your
tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
- Collection of outstanding accounts receivable for
assigned portfolio and to monitor aged WIP.
- Contacting clients for payment of outstanding
- Providing support to, and liaising with, the
Billing or Responsible lawyer with respect to the collections of receivables
owing by that lawyer’s clients.
- Identifying problems and developing solutions
with respect to delinquent accounts.
- Maintaining collections database and reporting on
results of collections efforts.
- Monitoring and implementing the firm’s billing
and collection policies and procedures, i.e. credit hold, stopwork.
- Issuing monthly account statements to
clients. Responding to incoming
calls and client inquiries.
- Conducting inquiries on client credit
- Account reconciliations, client billing and
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you possess
- Post-secondary education. 3-5 years collections experience
- Experience working in a professional services
environment considered an asset.
- Proven success in working in a fast-pasted
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
with constant interruptions.
- Effective communication skills; including
excellent listening skills and proven negotiating skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly
identify problems and provide solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, particularly
Excel and Word. Experience with
ARCS and Elite Enterprise programs considered an asset.
Our ideal candidate is proactive,
creative and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs
of employees and clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your
resume, quoting the above job title
and office location, to:
Talent Management Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of
applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only
those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and
encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women,
aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.