Legal Assistant - Corporate Commercial Overflow
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal.
We are seeking a full time, permanent Legal Assistant – Overflow in our Waterloo office to provide administrative support to our Corporate Commercial Department. In this position, you will provide support for our lawyers on an as needed basis, in our Waterloo office, as well as special projects as they arise. This is an excellent opportunity for a new or recent grad.
Your required skills and knowledge include:
- Handling and prioritizing workload independently;
- Flexibility to work with multiple changing priorities;
- Processing large volumes of documents;
- Meeting strict deadlines;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills;
- Problem solving with minimal supervision;
- Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and other team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- 1 to 3 years of administrative experience in a legal environment;
- A solid understanding of current legal terminology;
- Fast, accurate keyboarding skills; minimum 60 wpm;
- Strong dicta transcription skills and ability to transcribe for various practice groups;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, word usage and format errors);
- The ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative;
- The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to firstname.lastname@example.org