National Marketing and Communications Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. Voted as one of 2010’s Top 90 Employers by the Toronto Star, we are proud of our unyielding dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice.
We are seeking a National Marketing & Communications Specialist to be based out of our Toronto office. Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, the incumbent will work with a dynamic local and national team to support and execute marketing and communications strategies.
In this role, responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Working collaboratively with lawyers and the business development and marketing/communications team to ensure coordination, consistency of approach, and effective execution of initiatives.
- Developing and supporting the firm's national communications strategy through use of print, digital and online advertising.
- Responding to requests for digital and print advertising opportunities including development of key messaging, working with graphic designers to execute creative, securing media placement and negotiating contracts.
- Managing relationship with Agency on Retainer including coordinating placement and production of national advertising campaign, and all regular communication with the Firm on project status.
- Managing production of advertisements ensuring brand consistency.
- Managing directory listings and ranking strategies for the Firm and coordinating submissions for each.
- Working closely with various stakeholders for bios, practice group descriptions, RFP’s, and marketing-related PowerPoint material.
- Working closely with the National Online/Social Media Specialist to develop strategic online marketing campaigns and social media campaigns.
- Tracking online and offline campaign results and producing reports, as required.
- Providing adhoc marketing and communications support to lawyers and practice groups (including: marketing collateral, event invitations, podcasts, web banners, brochures)
- Other tasks/projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- 5+ years of legal or professional services marketing.
- Advanced understanding of marketing and communications principles and best practices.
- Superior knowledge of advertising and digital marketing trends.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Advanced ability to write and produce compelling advertising copy, collateral, research reports and client-facing presentation materials.
- Strong background in detail-oriented project management and process improvement required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated service orientation.
- Ability to multitask and manage projects; demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and changing project criteria.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to:
Talent Management Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON Canada M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.