Analea Wayne, Q.C.
Assistant Director, Professional Development
Analea has a B.A. (with Honours) in Linguistics from the University of Alberta as well as an LL.B. which she obtained in 1998. Prior to assuming the role of Assistant Director of Professional Development, Analea practiced with Miller Thomson’s litigation group with a focus on personal injury, insurance, and medical malpractice law. During that time, she was seconded as in-house counsel with an international engineering and consulting firm. Analea later acted as Associate Director with the Legal Education Society of Alberta and as a recruiter with a national agency where she worked closely with clients and candidates at all levels and specialized in providing expert legal recruitment services to associates.
In her capacity as Assistant Director, Professional Development, Analea is responsible for several aspects of the summer and articling programmes for the Western offices of Miller Thomson including: recruitment, career development, performance management, and mentoring. Analea also assists with the firm’s national professional development programme.
Analea is a Past-President of the Canadian Bar Association - Alberta Branch and is active as an advocate of the legal profession in the province and across the country. She speaks regularly at CBA conferences, community events, and to law schools. She is a member of the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association and the Law Society of Alberta. She has previously chaired the Alberta Law Conference and currently sits on the National Awards Committee.
In addition to her involvement with the Canadian Bar Association, Analea has been active in her community, and is a past board member of the iHuman Youth Society, the Alberta Trial Lawyers' Association of Alberta, and the St. Thomas More Lawyers' Guild of Northern Alberta.
Analea is fluent in both English and French, is an accomplished singer and pianist and enjoys skiing, hot yoga and traveling with her family in her spare time.
- B.A. Honors, University of Alberta, 1995
- LL.B, University of Alberta, 1998
- Avenue’s Top 40 Under 40 - 2010
- CBA R.A.R.E. Find (Retention, Advancement, Re-Entry) - 2011
- Canadian Bar Association – Executive - 2007-2012
- CBA National Member of Council, 2007- Present
- CBA National Awards Committee, 2011-2013
- CBA-Alberta Member of Provincial Council, 2006-Present
- CBA Law Day Committee, 2004-2012
- Co-Chair - Alberta Law Conference 2007
- Past Board of Directors - iHuman Youth Society
- Past Vice-President – Alberta Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Executive Member – St. Thomas More Lawyers’ Giuld of Northern Alberta
- Alberta Justice-CBA Town Hall Initiative 2010-2011
- Anthem Singer, Edmonton Eskimos Football
- Anthem Singer, Edmonton Oilers
- National Association of Legal Professionals
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Corporate Counsel Association