André Dugas is a litigator and Associate Counsel in the Montréal office of Miller Thomson. His clientele consists of small, medium and large businesses, and his main fields of practice are litigation and government relations. He has a particular expertise in commercial litigation, administrative law, employment law, extraordinary recourses, insurance and corporate law.
Among his major achievements, Mr. Dugas has negotiated important settlements regarding medical and hospital liability, as well as the defence of the Charter of Rights and the Electoral Law. In addition, he has represented important brewing and distribution companies following the opening of the provincial markets and the implementation of the free trade agreement.
Mr. Dugas is regularly called upon to act in complex litigation matters involving multiple parties and has been a labour Arbitrator since 1995.
- LL.L., Université de Montréal, 1977
- Board of Directors of Jean-Talon Hospital, now CSSS du Coeur de l’Ile, since 1996
- Board of Directors of the Foundation of Jean Talon Hospital (2001-2005)
- President (1990) and Secretary (1989), Optimist Club of Downtown Montréal
- Executive Committee and President of the Law Commission of the Liberal Party of Québec (2000-2005)