Gord Robson practices civil litigation in the Waterloo office of Miller Thomson. For the last 22 years, the emphasis of Gord’s practice has been on insurance litigation. He carries on a large practice in mediation and arbitration at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
Gord has extensive experience at the trial level in actions regarding municipal liability, motor vehicle accidents in both tort and accident benefits actions, and liability of contractors, businesses and homeowners. He has appellate experience in the Ontario Court of Appeal, Financial Services Commission of Ontario, Workplace Safety Insurance Board, and other tribunals. He also has experience in alternative dispute resolution and has training in mediation and negotiation.
Gord has provided educational resources on a regular basis to casualty insurers with respect to their internal claims handling procedures, and has lectured to the Insurance Industry Association and made presentations for the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
Gord was recently profiled as a leading practitioner in the inaugural edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada 2006, published by South Carolina-based Woodward/White Inc.Gord enjoys skiing, golfing, rowing, cycling and spending time at the cottage.
- LL.B., Queen's University, 1978
- B.A., University of Waterloo, 1975
- Named by Woodward/White Inc.’s The Best Lawyers in Canada 2006 and 2013 as a leading practitioner in Canada
- Director, KW Access-Ability
- Member, Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Canadian Defense Lawyers
- Member, CTT
- Member, Greater KW Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member, Rotary Club of Kitchener
- Look Both Ways and Straight Ahead, 2010
- You Win - You Lose, Ontario Insurance Adjusters Association, 2009