Haidah Amirzadeh is a Senior Associate with the Saskatoon office of Miller Thomson. Haidah's primary focus is immigration law. She has extensive knowledge and experience in the broad spectrum of immigration and refugee law. Haidah also assists clients with obtaining Canadian citizenship, representing clients in all categories of immigration including Entrepreneur Applications, Labour Market Opinion applications, Work Permit applications, as well as many different types of Permanent Resident and Provincial Nominee Program applications.
She has successfully represented clients with their immigration issues in Federal Court Immigration Appeal Division and Immigration Division. She also represents clients in Inadmissibility and Detention Hearings.
Haidah has been teaching Immigration and Refugee Law at the University of Saskatchewan, College of Law, since 2007.
Through her work with entrepreneurial clients, Haidah has gained extensive knowledge in a myriad of businesses. Miller Thomson provides Haidah with access to a platform of complimentary legal expertise enabling her clients' business needs to be served from a single source.
Haidah is fluent in English, Farsi, Turkish and Azari.
- B.A., University of Saskatchewan, 1999
- J.D., University of Saskatchewan, 2004
- Chair, Canadian Bar Association Citizenship & Immigration (SK South) Section
- Director, Community Legal Assistant Service of Saskatoon Inner City (CLASSIC), non-profit organization
- Chair, Iranian Arts and Culture Association of Saskatoon
- Past Chair, Saskatoon Open Door Society
- Volunteer for educational programs, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Volunteer, CLASSIC walk in clinic
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Saskatoon Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Member, The International Commission of Jurists
- Member, Saskatoon Criminal Defense Lawyers' Association
- Member, Brazilian Cultural Association
Key Practice Expertise
Year of Call
- Saskatchewan Bar, 2005