Jennifer Hewitt is a partner in the Business Law Group of Miller Thomson in Toronto.
Jennifer’s principal area of practice is in the area of mergers and acquisitions. Jennifer has acted for both buyers and sellers in share and asset sales, private equity investments, and business combinations by way of plans of arrangement.
Jennifer also has experience in a variety of commercial transactions, including corporate restructurings and secured financings. Jennifer’s practice has spanned a range of sectors, including, automotive, insurance, pharmaceutical and manufacturing.
Jennifer also advises clients on a broad range of business law issues, including, directors’ and officers’ liability, shareholder matters, commercial contracts and major agreements.
Jennifer was a former Special Assistant to the Attorney General and Minister Responsible for Native Affairs (Ontario) and worked for Legal Services Branch of Management Board Secretariat (Ontario). Prior to beginning her legal career, Jennifer also travelled and taught English in Japan.
Jennifer is involved in a number of organizations including United Way, Dress for Success, Heart & Stroke Foundation and Habitat for Humanity.
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 2003
- B.A., University of Toronto, 1995
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Toronto Board of Trade
- Member, Women in Capital Markets
- Member, Canadian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association
- Compete to Win, Business Law in Canada: Recent Developments, Winter 2008
- Material Adverse Change, Business Law in Canada: Recent Developments, Summer 2008