Joanne Biron practices family law and is a Partner in the Montréal office of Miller Thomson. President of the Family Law Group, Ms. Biron’s clients are business people and professionals. She frequently pleads at all court levels.
Ms. Biron has an in depth expertise in family law. Her practice includes all aspects of family law, namely in the area of divorce, legal separation, child custody, alimony, parentage, common-law union contracts, evaluation and division of family estate, separation of common-law partners and international abduction.She has provided counsel and pleaded for clients in divorce and child custody proceedings before both the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal, among them several major divorce cases. In addition, she has represented clients in various international legal cases, including individuals whose children have been illegally taken abroad by the other parent.
- B.C.L., Université de Montréal, 1980
- Ms. Biron has earned BV Rating (Distinguished) from her peers in the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review process
- Honorary President, fundraising campaign, Fondation Suicide Action Montréal (SAM), 2011-2012
- Canadian Bar Association
- Bar of Montréal
- Association des avocats et avocates en droit familial du Québec
- Victoire partielle pour « Lola » devant le plus haut tribunal de la province, Québec Family Law Communiqué, November 2010