Judy A. (Fowler) Byrne
Judy Byrne practices Litigation Law and is an Associate in the Waterloo office of Miller Thomson. She has experience in a vast number of civil matters including commercial litigation, estate litigation, employment litigation, tort liability, construction matters, as well as family law matters. Judy has successfully argued before both provincial and federal courts.
Over the last several years, Judy has developed a special interest in patient advocacy, especially in relation to rare disorders. In this respect, Judy has lobbied federal and provincial levels of government, has spoken to many patient groups, and has been interviewed in the media. Judy has also been very active in the not for profit world, assisting patient groups to advocate for their members in order to obtain access to treatment for rare disorders.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Judy spent many years in the golf industry dealing with employment matters, liability issues and neighbour relations.Judy resides in Guelph with her husband and three children. When she has spare time, she enjoys reading, skiing and spending time with friends.
- LL.B., University of Western Ontario, 1992
- B.A., University of Toronto, 1988
- Board member, Canadian Society of Mucopolysaccharide & Related Diseases
- Member, Wellington County Law Association
- Member, Waterloo Law Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, The Thomas More Lawyers’ Guild
- Member, Greater Kitchener-Waterloo Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Cambridge Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders