Kent Anderson, Q.C. previously served as the Managing Partner of the Calgary office of Miller Thomson and continues to be a member of the firm’s national executive committee. In addition to his management role, Kent is a business lawyer with over thirty years of transaction and litigation experience.
Kent’s commercial practice includes representing domestic and international oil and gas producers, oilfield service providers and technology developers on commercial, financial, corporate, acquisition and divestiture transactions. Kent provides counsel on Oil and Gas, Intellectual Property, Financing and Corporate legal issues to established and start-up businesses, both private and public.
As well, Kent has extensive litigation experience in trial and appellate courts, commercial arbitration and regulatory boards, with emphasis on technical, scientific, financial and accounting related matters.
Prior to merging with Miller Thomson LLP in 1998, Kent was also one of the founding partners of the Calgary office of our predecessor firm.
- LL.B. (distinction and silver medal), University of Alberta, 1981
- B.Sc. Computing Science, University of Calgary, 1976
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2008
- Member, The Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Natural Resource Section
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Member, Petroleum Joint Venture Association