Louis-Michel Tremblay practices business law and is the managing partner in the Montréal office of Miller Thomson. He has extensive expertise in the fields of construction law, financial institutions, estates and trusts.
His clientele consists largely of factory owners, major energy companies, general and specialized contractors, condominium associations, banks and financial institutions, and trust corporations.
In the field of financial institution law, Mr. Tremblay ensures the accountability of bank branches for operations such as non-authorized payments, counterfeit cheques, questionable bank account transactions, fraud and bills of exchange is respected.
In combination with mediation and arbitration proceedings in construction, Mr. Tremblay has played an important role drafting and negotiating construction contracts and other professional service agreements. He frequently provides legal advice on contractors' professional qualifications, call for tenders’ procedures, construction insurance and insurers’ claims for loss or damages on construction sites.
His practice also involves counselling clients on issues pertaining to construction bonds, indemnity agreements, legal hypothec and claims for additional costs incurred during construction projects. He has represented clients before various tribunals, arbitrators, administrative tribunals and government bodies such as the Régie du bâtiment in Québec and the construction industry commissioner.
Louis-Michel is a Fellow and former president of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers. He is also the former president of the Construction Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association, Quebec branch and a member of the Executive Committee.
Louis-Michel was named to the list of the Best Lawyers in Canada since 2006 as a leading lawyer in his area of practice. He is part of the Best Lawyers' 2013 in the construction industry in Montréal.
- B.C.L., Université de Montréal, 1978
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2013
- 2012 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- President of the Construction Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association, Québec branch, from 1997 to 1998 and member of the Executive Committee to the present day
- Managing Partner of the Montréal Office of Miller Thomson and member of the National Executive Committee
- President, Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, 2011-2012
- Fellow, Canadian College of Construction Lawyers
- Pouliot Mercure: Executive Committee member, from 1989 to 2004