David G. Gerecke
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
David Gerecke is a Partner in the Saskatoon office of Miller Thomson where his practice focuses on banking and secured lending, bankruptcy and insolvency, business and corporate/commercial law, licensing of technology and intellectual property, commercial and residential real estate, municipal property tax assessment, and aboriginal law. David regularly acts for small and large businesses, banks and other creditors, trustees in bankruptcy, receivers, debtors, First Nations and municipalities.
David has negotiated and documented many licensing transactions, large and small sales of assets and businesses, and large and small financings. He has handled many incorporations and corporate re-organizations. David has also represented parties in bankruptcies, proposals to creditors, receiverships and CCAA matters. He also has extensive experience in commercial litigation and administrative law, and has made many appearances at all levels of courts in Saskatchewan, as well as the Federal Court and many administrative tribunals.
David has lectured for the Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc. and the Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association (STLA) at continuing legal education conferences. He has authored numerous papers for conferences, as well as an article published in the McGill Law Journal: Risk Exposure as Injury: Alleviating the Injustice of Tort Causation Rules. (1990) 35 McGill L.J. 797
David is well-known for his commitment to volunteer work. He is the former President of Persephone Theatre, having led the Theatre through its highly successful project to build a new theatre facility in downtown Saskatoon. David was a member of Persephone’s Board of Directors for 8 years. He also served for 7 years on the Board of Directors of the Saskatoon Symphony, including 2 years as President.
- LL.B. (with distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 1990
- B.A. (English), University of Saskatchewan, 1986
- Awarded Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan in recognition of volunteer service, 2005
- Finalist for the Lieutenant Governor's Arts Award in the volunteer category, 2008
- Received CBA (Saskatchewan) Community Service Award, 2009
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Saskatchewan Insolvency Group
- Chair, CBA Bankruptcy & Insolvency Subsection for Saskatchewan
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Evaluation de I'impot foncier
- Octroi de licence protegeant la propriete intellectuelle
Admission au Barreau
- Saskatchewan Bar, 1992
- Alberta Bar, 1991