Dražen F. Bulat
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Dražen is a partner in the Toronto office of Miller Thomson and is the National Leader of the Construction and Infrastructure Group.
The focus of Dražen’s practice is on the development and drafting of “front end” procurement and construction documents, including tender documents, RFPs and different forms of contracts. He is intimately familiar with the law of procurement as well as the Construction Lien Act, and represents both owners and contractors/vendors in working out disputes involving a wide variety of issues, ranging from drafting and negotiating procurement and contract documents, to bid disputes, to priority claims among lien claimants, owners and mortgagees. Dražen is “at home” both in the boardroom and the Court room.
Dražen’s expertise covers most areas of the construction industry, including large commercial developments, health care facilities, and educational facilities. He assists clients to establish goals and identifies the best and most cost-effective means of achieving those goals, whether through effective drafting, litigation or a wide variety of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1988
- Combined Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science program, University of Toronto, 1985
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, County of York Law Association
- Member, Hart House Orchestra, University of Toronto, 1983 to 1996
Expérience en enseignement
- Lecturer, on Tendering Law, Bonding and Insurance for the Toronto Construction Association Construction Law Course for representatives of the construction industry and business owners, 1992 to present.
- Lecturer, on Contract Law for The Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario, 2000 - 2009.
- Reducing Risk in the Tender Process, The MEARIE Group 2010 Risk Management Conference (June 2010)
- Minimizing Risks at the Pre-Tender Stage, Society of Public Insurance Administrators of Ontario (February 2010)
- Minimizing Risks at the Pre-Tender stage, The Canadian Institute’s 2nd Annual Conference on Managing Risk at the Pre-Tender Stages of Your Construction Project (September 2009)
- Demystifying Tenders and RFPs, The Canadian Institute’s 18th Annual Construction Superconference (November 2008)
- Co-authored Chapter 20 – Construction in the Westlaw Business Laws of Canada
- Drafting Supplementary Conditions, Canadian Consulting Engineer (March/April 2012), 2012
- TENDERING: What You Need to Know, thecondovoice (Spring 2012), 2012
- Due Diligence and the Tendering Process, Parlons condo - Ontario, Hiver 2012
- Business Laws of Canada, West (a Thomson Reuters business), 2009
- Renovations: Competitive Bidding, Parlons condo - Ontario, Winter 2008
- You Might Have A Bid If..., Communiqué for the Health Industry, October 1, 2007
- If You Bid It, They Will Come, Communiqué for the Health Industry, September 27, 2007
- If You Bid It, They Will Come, Bulletin organismes de bienfaisance et à but non lucratif, May 2007
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Ententes dans le secteur des télécommunications
- Établissements de santé
- Développements commerciaux
- Établissement d'enseignement
- Privilèges dans le secteur de la construction
Admission au Barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1990