- Summer Programme, Human Rights Law, International Institute of Human Rights, Strasbourg, France, 1994
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1991
- B.A., Université McGill, 1983
- Counsel to Allen Chan, former Chairman and CEO of Sino-Forest Corporation in the OSC proceeding, related securities class actions and CCAA proceedings.
- Co-litigation counsel to the Special Committee of Directors of a group of labour-sponsored venture capital corporations (LSVCCs) in respect of an application to the OSC regarding solicitation of its shareholders by another LSVCC.
- Counsel to a private real estate investment trust (REIT), its asset manager, directors and officers in an OSC investigation into sales of securities contrary to the registration and prospectus requirements of the Securities Act.
- Counsel in the latter stage of the OSC’s investigation into Coventree Inc.’s role in the collapse of the third-party asset-backed commercial paper (ABCP) market. Oversaw the issuance of allegations against Coventree for failure to meet its continuous disclosure obligations.
- Co-counsel and then lead counsel in the insider trading and misleading corporate disclosure prosecution against John Felderhof, the former Vice Chair of Bre-X Minerals Ltd.
- Co-counsel to a major commercial aircraft manufacturer, one of five defendants in a USD73 million civil action in the Superior Court of Justice for intentional breach of contract, fraud, intentional interference with contractual relationships, injurious falsehoods and defamation.
- Trial counsel to a Catholic Children’s Aid Society (CCAS) social worker at the four month coroner’s inquest into the death of Jordan Heikamp, the infant who starved to death in downtown Toronto while under supervision of the CCAS.
- Co-counsel to Toronto Chief of Police at the four month coroner’s inquest into the death of Edmund Yu, a schizophrenic who was fatally shot by police.
- Co-counsel to Terry Ramsden, the subject of an international investigation conducted under the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters Act. Argued several motions in the Superior Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal for Ontario dealing with issues of whether the target of an investigation has a right to standing, whether to send the evidence gathered overseas and whether some of the evidence gathered was protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Board Member, Osgoode Hall Law School Alumni Association, 2009-present
- Past Vice-President, Board of Directors and Chair, Fundraising Committee, Massey Centre, Housing and Resources for Young Pregnant Women & Single Mothers, 2003-2005
- Past member National Executive Committee and Co-Chair, Toronto Public Education Committee, Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) 1991-1995
- Citizen of the Métis Nation of Ontario
- Businesses Operating Outside of Canada Beware - Changes to Canada’s Anti-Corruption Law will Require Re-examination of Current Practices, Bulletin commerce international, douanes et fiscalité, 6 mars 2013
- No-Contest Settlements - An effective tool to help enforce Ontario Securities law?, Law Society of Upper Canada, republished with permission in the Securities Practice Notes, Fall, 2012
- Increased Enforcement Activity Resulting in More Securities Class Actions, Alerte valeurs mobilières, Été 2011
- United States Financial Reform Legislation - What Does it Mean for You?, It's Personal, Volume 3, Issue 6, 2010
- Recent Developments in Canadian Securities Class-Action Law, (2010) 20:4 A.B.A Securities Litigation Journal 13, 2010
- Frequently Asked Questions about the New Insider Trading Regime, Alerte valeurs mobilières, Summer 2010
- Government Bill Proposes Mandatory Sentences for Serious Frauds, Bulletin droit criminel et réglementation, June 2010
- Canada's First Criminal Conviction for Illegal Insider Trading, Alerte valeurs mobilières, Spring 2010
- Canada's First Criminal Conviction for Illegal Insider Trading, Bulletin droit criminel et réglementation, February 2010
- Professional Vulnerability: Social Work Accountability before the Criminal Justice System, Child and Family, 2002
- Counsel’s Response to Section 11 Orders, CBA Annual Fall Conference on Competition Law (2001), 2001
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Litige commercial
- Litige en matière de valeurs mobilières
- Réglementation et conformité en matière de valeurs mobilières
- Règlement de différends en matière de droit réglementaire lié aux crimes économiques
- Lutte Contre La Corruption et Gouvernance Internationale
- Gouvernance d’entreprise
- Litige entre actionnaires
- Concurrence / Antitrust
Admission au Barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1993
- Certified Mediator, 1998
- New York Bar, 2008