Gregory P. Hanmer
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Greg Hanmer practices corporate and commercial law and is a Partner in Miller Thomson’s Waterloo office. He is experienced in providing legal services to support the formation, growth and operation of businesses and organizations. Greg is interested and experienced in legal project management: a structured approach to managing legal matters using knowledge tools, skills and techniques to increase client value, control costs and offer predictability.
Greg’s practice areas focus on corporate and commercial law with clients from various sectors including health care, information and communications technology, manufacturing, distribution and financial services.
Greg is experienced in the health sector, advising clients on matters such as: regulatory compliance; public/private sector arrangements; requests for proposal and procurement; the purchase, sale and leasing of assets and operations; outsourcing arrangements; technology agreements; governance; pensions; construction and development; environmental and real property matters.
His involvement in the technology sector has provided Greg with the opportunity to work with technology start-ups, early stage companies, entrepreneurs and investors and experience first-hand their innovation, energy and enthusiasm. Advising on such matters as: business formation; organizational structures; registration and licensing; shareholders agreements; financial arrangement; angel funding and investment; and protection of intellectual property.
In the financial services sector, Greg has experience acting for banks and other lenders and borrowers in connection with commercial loans, financings and secured transactions. Greg also has experience in enforcing security, insolvency and restructuring matters. Prior to commencing practice, Greg was employed in commercial lending and also worked in the insolvency practice of an international professional services firm.
Greg is involved in a global initiative to foster business, trade and investment between Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1984
- M.B.A., York University, 1978
- B.B.A., York University, 1977
- Chair, University of Waterloo, Research + Technology Park Activities Committee
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Westminster United Church
- Past Chair, Community Interest Support Group, Grand River Hospital
- Past Trustee, Board of Trustees, Grand River Hospital
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Waterloo Law Association
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Greater Kitchener-Waterloo Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Golden Triangle Angelnet
- Member, Canada's Technology Triangle
- Member, Communitech
- Member, Canada, Australia and New Zealand Business Association
- Co-author, “A Guide To Corporate By-laws For Non-Profit Corporations”, 1991
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Financement commercial
- Transactions garanties
- Acquisition et aménagement d'immeubles
Admission au Barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1986