Rick Van Beselaere, Q.C.
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Rick Van Beselaere is the Managing Partner for Miller Thomson’s Regina and Saskatoon offices. With more than 30 years experience, Rick specializes in banking, insolvency and bankruptcy, corporate restructuring, corporate/commercial, business law and environmental law. Rick is one of Saskatchewan’s most experienced counsel in the area of restructuring under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act. Rick has extensive experience in areas of environmental law, including contracts relating to environmental offset credit generation, aggregating and trading and regulatory compliance. Rick has been consulting with the Ministry of Environment (Sask) on the formulation and establishment of its climate change legislation.
Rick acts for lenders and borrowers and has acted for real estate developers and contractors in Saskatchewan's booming economic environment. Rick has extensive experience in financial services and real estate lending.
Rick has considerable experience in financial services and real estate law. He has facilitated major projects in all facets of commercial development, including transactions, construction, leasing and financing. One of Rick's most recent development projects is the Centre Square Developments
Rick has served as a Bencher and the Vice President of the Law Society of Saskatchewan. He has also served as Chair of the Business Law Section, Southern Saskatchewan of the Canadian Bar Association. Rick was designated as Queen's Counsel in 2012.
- LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1982
- B.Comm., University of Saskatchewan, 1981
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2013
- Appointed Queen's Counsel in 2012
- 2012 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Regina Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Droit des sociétés et droit commercial
- Financement / Prêts
- Capitalisation et financement par dette
- Insolvabilité et réorganisation
- Recouvrement de créances
- Acquisitions et transactions commerciales dans le secteur immobilier
- Financement de projets
- Services aux municipalités
- Droit en matière de publicité, de marketing et de réglementation
- Transactions garanties
- Rappel de prets et realisation de suretes
- Reglementation liee aux changements climatiques, conformite, occasions d'affaires et commerce
- Restructuration d'enterprises
Admission au Barreau
- Saskatchewan Bar, 1983