Sheldon Silver, Q.C.
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Sheldon Silver practises taxation law, advising clients on domestic and international income tax issues.
Sheldon joined the Miller Thomson team in early 2011, bringing with him extensive experience in tax matters with an emphasis on tax litigation and dispute resolution. Sheldon’s practice includes extensive dealings at all levels of the Canada Revenue Agency and Department of Justice. He represents clients before the Tax Court of Canada, Federal Court of Canada, and Supreme Court of Canada.
Recognized as leading practitioner in many publications, including ‘The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory’, ‘Best Lawyers in Canada’, and 'Chambers Global' where he holds the rank of ‘Senior Statesman’. Sheldon has lectured extensively in taxation at the Canadian Tax Foundation, the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association, and the LLM Course at Osgoode Hall Law School. Sheldon is a Past Governor of the Canadian Tax Foundation, and is also Former tax Counsel with National Revenue, arguing for the Government before Tax Court, Federal Court and Supreme Court.
Sheldon has authored over 150 papers dealing with taxation matters.
- LL.B., University of Toronto, 1960
- M.A., University of Toronto, 1972
- B.A., University of Toronto, 1957
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, International Fiscal Association
- Lectured on tax matters for the Canadian Tax Foundation, the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association, Osgoode Hall Law School and many other organizations
- Analyse du budget fédéral 2013, 2013
- Transfer Pricing - The Last Word in Canada, Financier Worldwide Magazine, 2012
- Chief Justice Donald Bowman - The Qualities of a Judge, 2011
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Résolution des différends fiscaux avec Revenu Canada et le ministère de la Justice
Admission au Barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1962