Thomas V. Duke
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Tom Duke is a Litigation Lawyer, and Partner in the Edmonton office of Miller Thomson. Serving a broad range of clients in a variety of industries, Tom’s practice includes employment law, advising clients in federally and provincially regulated industries. Tom advises clients on a wide range of matters, including human rights, employment standards, terminations and workplace safety. He also advises and assists clients to formulate workplace policies and employee handbooks.
Tom also has experience advising clients in relation to insolvency matters, CCAA proceedings, receiverships and other commercial disputes. He has a diverse litigation experience that includes commercial disputes, product liability claims, shareholder disputes and negligence. Tom has appeared in the Provincial Court, the Court of Queen’s Bench, the Court of Appeal as well as administrative hearings before regulatory boards.
Tom has presented lectures and seminars on employment law and other issues. Prior to attending law school, Tom worked in broadcast journalism.
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 2002
- B.A.A., (Journalism), Ryerson Polytechnic University, 1997
- Coach, Edmonton Minor Soccer Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Executive, Canadian Bar Association, Pension and Employee Benefits Subsection
- Chairman, Canadian Bar Association, Labour and Employment Subsection
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- The High Price of Age Discrimination, Communiqué droit du travail et de l'emploi - Ontario, 29 Avril, 2013
- Bad Faith - Keys V. Honda Canada, Communiqué droit du travail et de l'emploi - Alberta, Winter 2008
- Alberta Court of Appeal Upholds Drug Testing, Communiqué droit du travail et de l'emploi - Alberta, Spring 2008
- Swabs and Cameras; Privacy Issues for Employers Concerning Alcohol and Drugs in the Workplace, Communiqué droit du travail et de l'emploi - Alberta, Spring 2007
- Employee Whistle Blowing, Bulletin organismes de bienfaisance et à but non lucratif, September 2004