Veronica K. Choy
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Veronica Choy is an immigration lawyer and partner in the Calgary office of Miller Thomson and acts for a broad range of companies and individuals in regard to all types of Canadian and American immigration matters. Licensed in both Alberta and Washington, Veronica has the unique advantage of being able assist companies in the development of plans and strategies involving the hiring and movement of personnel into Canada and/or the United States. She can advise on the wide range of temporary work visa/work permit categories available in both countries as well as provide options for the application for permanent residency.
In particular, for Canada, Veronica has extensive experience in obtaining work permits pursuant to NAFTA and GATS, as well as under other specialty categories such as intra-company transferees. She is also well-versed in the requirements and potential obstacles involved in the application for Labour Market Opinions. For the United States, she possesses extensive experience in a wide range of categories, including, but not limited to: NAFTA professionals (TN), Intra-company (L-1), H1-B professional, E-2 Investor and O-1 individuals of Extraordinary Ability. She is highly experienced in working with immigration-related government bodies such as Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), Service Canada, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS).
Veronica has been invited by numerous universities and business associations to speak on individual and business immigration issues.
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 1998
- B.A., (Hons), University of Alberta, 1995
- Requirement of U.S. Work Visa Determined by Purpose of Stay, (Toronto:May 18, 2007)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, 1998 - present
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 2002 - present
- AVIS : le gouvernement émettra un avis, dans les 10 jours ouvrables, à condition que l’employeur s’engage à respecter les critères d’évaluation d’un avis relatif au marché du travail accéléré (AMT-A)., 2012
- So Your Company has Decided to Hire Foreign Workers… Now What?, Communiqué droit du travail et de l'emploi - Alberta, Avril 2012
- Votre société a décidé d’engager des travailleurs étrangers… Que faire après ?, 2012
- Attention: All Employers of Foreign Medical Residents & Medical Research Fellows, Immigration Law Alert, Septembre 2010
- Arizona State's New Immigration Laws-How do they affect Canadians?, Immigration Law Alert, July 2010
- Requirement of U.S. Work Visa Determined by Purpose of Stay, 2007
- Attention: All Travelers to the United States for Business and Pleasure Purposes, Immigration Law Alert, May 2006
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Immigration au Canada
- Immigration aux États-Unis
Admission au Barreau
- Washington Bar, 2004
- Alberta Bar, 1999