William J. Kenny, Q.C.
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Bill Kenny is a Partner in the Edmonton office of Miller Thomson. As general counsel, Bill Practices civil and regulatory litigation, construction law, transportation, insurance and corporate commercial law.
Bill has written many articles and participated in seminars dealing with litigation, construction law and directors liability. He has appeared before all levels of court in Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories, as well as before numerous agencies, boards and tribunals. He has appeared as counsel before international commercial arbitration panels in London and Paris. Bill has acted for construction contractors, consulting engineers and owners, with experience in all forms of claim related events and forms of dispute resolution as well as the preparation of contract documents. He has also been appointed as arbitrator and mediator in many commercial disputes.
Lexpert Magazine lists Bill Kenny as the most frequently recommended lawyer in Edmonton for Construction Law and Corporate Commercial Litigation. Bill is consistently listed as one of the Best Lawyers® in Canada for Construction Law, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Director and Officer Liability, Insurance Law, Bet the Company Litigation, Product Liability and Securities Litigation. Best Lawyers’ named him Edmonton Corporate and Commercial Litigator of the Year in 2010 and Edmonton Lawyer of the Year for Director and Officer Liability in 2012. In January, 2010, Bill was the only construction lawyer in Edmonton recognized by Lexpert/American Lawyers Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada. He also received an “A” in the LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating.
- LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1973
- Past Member, Board of Directors of the South Side Athletic Club
- Past Member, Board of Directors Legal Aid Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Northwest Territories
- Member, Bar Association of the Northwest Territories
- Member, Western Canada Arbitrators Roundtable
- Member, Construction Owners Association of Alberta (COAA) Contracts Committee
- Past Chair of the Canadian Bar Association Construction Law Section for Northern Alberta
- Past Member of the Law Society of Alberta Insurance, Audit, and Finance Committees
- Consequential Damages, Bulletin droit de la construction et infrastructures, Fall 2003
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Responsabilité civile des administrateurs et des dirigeants
- Responsabilité liée au produit
Admission au Barreau
- Alberta Bar, 1974
- Northwest Territories Bar, 1982